mother

Dear Mom

Trisha Claudine Sebastian | Malou Sebastian
Having you as my mother has definitely been the greatest gift and biggest advantage God could have ever given me. I don't think that there are many other mothers out there who could have endured what you have with me during this past year alone-- especially with such amazing grace, incredible strength and unshakable faith!

Unconditional and absolute love is the greatest gift a parent can give to their child and you have given yours to me in abundance! You have been the purest example of Christ's unconditional love for me and it has been this love and devotion that has enabled me to fight through these past years of illness. I am certain that without you by my side I never could or would have made it through!

I really don't know how I can ever tell you in words just how much I love you and appreciate everything that you have done and continue to do for me, every day. But, today, on your special day, I just wanted to say thank you...

Thank you for putting your own life on hold for the past year to take care of me. No mother should ever have to see her child suffer in the ways that you have had to, I know how hard this has been for you too, yet, you continually put my needs before your own.

Thank you for researching and learning everything that you could about my case and gall stones, for locating and bringing me to see the best doctors and for being my biggest advocate through it all.

Thank you for being there in prayer to hold my hand through so many painful tests and procedures, for comforting me afterward, for being so strong for me, always.

Thank you for not allowing me to give up, even when at times I felt like I couldn't do it anymore. For always having hope, even when I had none left.

Thank you for being there for me, when others didn't know what to do with me, or for me. For loving me through all of this, even when I felt unlovable.

Thank you for always making me laugh, for continuing to be your crazy, funny self, even through the hardest times.

Thank you for everything you have done for me, for everything you have said, and for all of the times you said nothing and just listened to me.

Thank you for being my hero, my inspiration, my biggest cheerleader, my best friend, my nurse and my doctor.

Thank you... for everything! There are sooo many more things... small things and big things...

Mom, I love you so much and I know I don't tell you nearly enough just how much I appreciate your love, support, friendship & patience... but... just so you know... I think that you are the perfect, most amazing mother and I thank God, every day, for giving me the honor of being your daughter. I don't know what I would do without you!

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me strength 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am because you loved me...