Are you a Christian?


Last Saturday, we were asked in our Dgroup if we would lie if someone asked us if we are a friend of Jesus during the crucifixion.

Or if we would lie if someone asked us "Are you a Christian?" while we are in Libya.

I was thinking about it when I was reminded that this wasn't just asked in the old times or in countries where Christians were persecuted.

Some of us might have encountered this same question from our home, workplace, relatives, friends or even from people we meet in the church.

There could be a time that you have experienced this condemnation, that you just wanted to say that you are not a Christian just so you could stop them from pressuring, stressing and discouraging you with their condescending words.

I had my share of those judgemental questions, and at many times in my life, I almost just wanted to answer back that I am not, just to make them stop.

I thank God that He convinces me of sin with a positive hope of change.



At times, I try to look at myself and begin to believe the lies of the enemy. The lie that I could never change and I'm hopeless. During these times, I lose focus on Christ's amazing grace and awesome power.

But reading the word of God reminded me that there is no condemnation to those who are in Jesus' which means that our sins are forgiven — past, present and future.

When we feel tired of trying to be good trying to give glory to God, we should remember that there is nothing else that we could do to add to God's glory, but He shares with us His glory when we accept Him in our life.

It is really impossible to live a Christian life, but we could do all things through Christ who strengthens us. When we fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, He who began a good work in us will be faithful to complete it.

Another question that we were asked in our Dgroup was, "Would you tell the truth if it would cause you your life?".

I guess there are moments that It is easy to say Yes, where I can boldly say Yes just like Peter when he boldly declared that he would never deny or disown Jesus even if he had to die with him.(Matthew 26:35) However, we all know what happened during the crucifixion. 

Logically, with my stable emotions right now, it is easy for me to say that knowing that God could easily give back to us anything that He asks us to give up, believing that He could give me life, give me back my life, and give me eternal life, it is only rational to consider it worth dying for.

But with my natural flesh, I know that I could not do anything with my own willpower. Even my faith I could not boast of. And It is  just with my grateful heart that God who began a good work in me, in you and in Peter, will be faithful to complete it. I thank God that His faithfulness is not based on my own faithfulness, but on His very Holy nature.

He calls us to make a decision to change by relying on His power. 
He asks us to walk away from evil, not by trying, but by trusting.

What is keeping you from trusting Him?

I have chosen you and not rejected you.(Isaiah 41:9)

Christianity is not a work that we do, but our relationship and intimacy with Jesus, which produces the qualities and the surrounding influence by it. We must maintain our relationship with Him, allowing nothing to ruin it.

Our friendship with God starts when we realize our poverty and accept that everything is a grace from God.

As Christians, we are not here for our own purpose but of God's.