Self - Control


Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control.(Proverbs 25:28)

Lately, I had been missing out on my workouts and been food-binging.

At first, I thought what's a little disruption to my diet? It's just rare. Surely, I could easily work it out.

Then I eventually had build my appetite and couldn't check it. My food eating became a habit that's So hard to control.

In spite of the fact that we were exceptionally well, a weakness could impair our lives. Even celebrities, athletes, and presidents who had considerable strengths, also had a weakness in their nature that could eventually be their downfall.

Self-indulgence, in the form of lack of restraint or disorderly life, could undermine us. It can be the way we spend money, sex, and my weakness now, which is food. It can be alcohol, emotions, or the way we manage our time.

Anything that's left out of control could impair our life. It may seem like just a little thing, but little things can have a tremendous impact in our life.

We cannot baby minor weaknesses and think they won't eventually take over and undermine our whole life. It doesn't make any difference what area of our life is out of control — time, money, food, sex, attitudes, whatever.

It's just a matter of time before that lack of control begins to undermine the way we live for God.

Whatever one sows, he shall also reap. Those who live to satisfy their own flesh will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who plant for the benefit of the Spirit will reap everlasting life from the Spirit. (Galatians 6:7-8)

Where do you get the power to gain control back into your life?

Give your weaknesses to Jesus, and then follow the steps he tells you to take.

God is powerful, and he wants you powerful.(Ephesians 6:10)

What are weaknesses in your life that indicate a lack of self-control?

What steps do you think God is telling you to consider today to move away from those weaknesses and into greater strength?

Having no self-control means doing whatever pleases you despite the consequences involved.

Please pray for self-control for me on my stewardship of my time and my appetite.
Kindly pray for me that God would give me wisdom, discernment and awareness to end on things that are not glorifying to Him.

Please pray that God will help me to reign in my emotions, passions, and desires and make them subject to the Holy Spirit.