There is a holy war.
When we receive Jesus by faith, we welcome all spiritual blessings in the holy realm(Ephesians 1:3) but, this is also the beginning of a great controversy with Satan and his forces. We are engaged in an intense spiritual warfare.
God's enemy is Satan, and he actively seeks to oppose God, His purposes, and His family. Our enemy is Satan and a lot of hidden spiritual and planetary enemies whose power vastly exceeds our own. They are invisible, with a few exception but are real.
We are extremely underpowered without the weapons that God has provided for us. The best weapons to repel the attacks of Satan are the ones that God provided for us.
We are engaged in a tremendous inner struggle. You are called to use the full armor of God to be assured not to be defeated. Satan is the cause of our struggle with sin, including sins which appear human in origin.
But It is a relief to know that Satan’s end and utter destruction are certain, even if it is still in the future.
Because we know that God causes all things to work together for our benefit to them that loves Him, who are the called according to his purpose.
Our lives should be lived in the light of the big picture of the will of God. We should change our lives to the will of God. Submission is to give up our rights and our pursuit of self- interest.
The spiritual warfare is not about yielding but insisting.
We often feel tempted to give up on matters where we should progress.
We often are too eager to accept where we should withdraw.
We should learn to stand where we are commanded to stand, and follow where we are instructed to submit.
The angelic beings have considerable power.
Do not underestimate his power.
Do not underestimate the immensity of the spiritual struggle, and our need for spiritual enablement, to resist Satan’s attacks.
Do not underestimate the enemy, “who prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour”. He desires not only to destroy, but to destroy those who do not pick up the “whole armor of God.”
Satan carries his battles on various fronts. Satan seeks to protect unbelievers from the truth. He may use his demons to govern men.
Satan employs various strategies to fight and to overcome the Christian.
Paul speaks of the “schemes” (plural).
When Satan tempted our Lord, Satan gave up, for a moment. But Satan only left for a time, only until he could regroup.
“... until an opportune time” (Luke 4:13).
- Satan did not only tempt Jesus with different lines of approach, but also purposed to pursue tempting Him, when an opportunity present itself.
- Satan is an opportunist, with an almost infinite variety of “schemes.”
- Satan’s argument is a disruptive push through intrigue, deception, and trickery.
- Satan’s strategy for the current time (until the final conflict) is that of subversive activity. He is currently employing fraud and conspiracy to stumble the Christian.
There is a day when the holy war will increase where the dangers for believers will rise. These days are evil.
So be careful to live your life wisely, not foolishly. Make the most of every opportunity because the days are evil - Ephesians 5:15-16.
The evil day is the anticipated date when evil resistance will increase, which will lead to the second coming which is the absolute destruction of Satan and his hosts. When a wayward person comes, it will happen through Satan’s power, with all kinds of counterfeit power, signs, and wonders, with every kind of violent deception of those who have refused to love the law that would allow them to be saved.
The accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them time and night before our God, has been thrown down. They gained the victory over him. Love for their own lives didn’t make them reluctant to die.
The Christian soldier should be characterized by vigilance, so that he would not be caught off guard by Satan’s schemes, for him to stand in the final days of confrontation.
- Be strong in the Lord and His irresistible power.
- Put on God's full armor to be able to stand up to everything that the enemy will deliver your course. Stand firm with truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation.
- Learn how to use them. You will need them throughout life.
- God's Word is an indispensable weapon.
- Pray always.
- Be alert.
- Keep on praying for all of God’s people.
- Pray also for me, that whenever I talk, I'll know what to say and proclaim the mystery of the gospel fearlessly.