A lukewarm Christian is an oxymoron.
Churchgoers who are indifferent are not Christians.
Not everyone who goes to church labeled as "Christian" is a Christian.
Church is not about the building.
It is about the people who represent the body of Christ.
People have a mistaken image of God.
What are the Symptoms of a Lukewarm Christian?Disclaimer: This list is not intended to indicate another believers' salvation. This list should be used for the purpose of checking our own way as Christians to make sure that we don't become apathetic.
Examine yourself, to determine whether you are in the faith, test yourselves. (2 Corinthians 13:5)
Lukewarm Christians attend church fairly regularly.
- It is what is expected of them.
- This is what they believe "true Christians" do, so they go.
Lukewarm Christians give money to charity and to the church, as long as it does not affect their Standard of living.
- They make their little extra if it is easy and secure.
Lukewarm Christians choose what is popular over what is right when they are in conflict.
Lukewarm Christians don't genuinely want to be saved from their sin.
- They need only to be saved from the burden of their sin.
- They do not genuinely hate sin and are not truly sorry for it.
- They are just upset because God is going to hurt them.
- Lukewarm people do not honestly believe that the new life Jesus offers is better than their "old nasty" one.
Lukewarm Christians are motivated by stories about people who do extraordinary things for Christ, but they do not represent. They think that it is uncertain.
- Lukewarm people think that what Jesus expected of all His followers are difficult.
Lukewarm Christians occasionally share their faith with others because they do not want to be rejected.
- They do not want to make people uncomfortable by talking about personal issues like religion.
Lukewarm Christians assess their morals by comparing themselves to nonbelievers.
- They get satisfaction knowing that while they are not as stringent for Jesus, they are not as haphazard as others.
Lukewarm Christians say they love Jesus, and he is a member of their life but only for a fraction.
- They give Him a portion of their lives, but Jesus is not allowed to drive their life.
Lukewarm Christians worship God, but they do not love Him with all their heart, soul, and strength.
- They would be able to tell you that they try to love God that much, but that kind of total commitment isn't eminently possible for the average person. It's only for pastors and missionaries and radicals.
Lukewarm Christians love others but do not try to love others as much as they love themselves.
- A Lukewarm Christian's love is focused on those who love them in return and other people they know. There is minimal love left for those who cannot love them back, a lot to a lesser extent for those who knowingly harass them, or with whom conversations are obscene or prejudiced.
- Their human connection is highly reliant and most exclusive, and usually comes with demands.