Noah and the Ark

When I woke up this morning, the news shocked me. 
This reminded me of one the marvelous stories in the bible-Noah.

During that time, God is sorry for people with the way they were living.
God is heartbroken that people chose sin and death, instead of a relationship with Him.

Except for Noah.
Why?
Not because Noah was perfect. He got drunk one time.
But because he pleased God and found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
He wholeheartedly loved and obeyed God and walked step by step in faith as a living example to his generation for a lifetime.


God made us, and He knows we are imperfect. He could accept that.
What He could not stand were those who have purposely shut Him out of their lives and gave into the stronghold of the enemy.

It's sad that when we read the bible, we get to see the Israelites, and wonder how they could be so forgetful?
Doubtful of God after all the victories that God gave them?
How can they still worship another god after all of the miracles?
How could they still not desire God when He is the only one who was faithful to them?

As I look at my life, I realized that I am just like them, who after what God has done in my life, still forget Him. 
Until now, the enemy still gets to fool, cheat and seduce me.
Until now, I still succumb to idolatry to different things.
It should be a no-brainer vote for me that when it comes to a level where I have to choose...
It is clear that I should choose to gratify God!
Because, God is who He is!
God is the only one deserving of it, and because He chose to love me despite me.
God has given us a weapon to confront His opponent's lies, fraud, and accusations.

Lies build up strongholds.
Tear down strongholds by feeding on the truth (in God's Word).
Stop eating the lie and start feeding in the truth.
Use the belt of truth (God's Word) to protect against the enemy's deception (lies).
Use the sword of the Spirit (Word of God) to tear down existing strongholds in your mind(Ephesians 6:17.)
Strongholds are deceptions that took hold of your mind.

When tempted, we should resist the devil so that it will flee from us, and draw near to God.(James 4:17)

The closer we get to God, the more that we are aware of His love, the less that the power of temptation will have over us.

When the enemy condemns and accuses us of the past, we should not listen to Him and listen to God.
We are a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

God will remember your sins and lawless deeds no more. (Hebrews 10:17)
We have the righteousness of God. (Romans 3:22.)

Worship Him because worshiping Him will empower you to remember the no-brainer choice. 

Worshiping is like memorizing an answer key to a test.
Jesus already defeated the enemy.

We just need to remember who to choose.
Everything else other than God is petty compared to God. 
I pray we always watch everything else in comparison to God's greatness.

Just like Noah, we live in a world full of evil:

Are we influencing others or are we being influenced by them?