What Kind of Leader are you?
Here are their Characters:
|Head and shoulders bigger||Youth|
|Wanted to look good||Wanted God to look good|
|Threw spears||Made covenant|
|Mad rants||Worship songs|
(David to play music for him)
|Wanted honour but wouldn’t give it||Honoured and was honoured|
(wouldn’t kill Saul /wells)
Given the two kings and their values, What kind of an atmosphere would you like to produce?
- Is there room for others?
- Is there unity, agreement and understanding in your team?
Tips from Great LeadersAttitude
Leadership is influence.
People catch our attitudes just like they catch our colds—by getting close to us.
Is your attitude worth catching?
(John Maxwell, Developing the Leader Within You)
The Extra Plus in Leadership is ATTITUDE.
A leader's attitude determines the attitude of his followers.
Humility is the foundation of every good attitude.
Managing Yourself is being a good steward of your time, talent and treasure.
Importance of PLANNING
- Planning keeps you focused. (Setting of goals/objectives)
- Planning keeps you on target.
- Planning helps you know if you’re making progress, getting results/ job done.
- Planning allows you to measure your performance (numbers are important in your goals)
- Establish objectives
“Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:15-16
Learn to Say NO
There are three good reasons for honestly saying NO.
- Say NO on the basis of your planned schedule.
- Say NO if you cannot give your best effort.
- Say NO because of your commitment to your family.
A manager can be trapped in the quicksand of being everything to everybody.
*Say no firmly but graciously. Most people will understand…even appreciate you for it.
It is not easy to delegate.
When delegation is improperly done, it will result in upward delegation, where the delegator ends up doing the job.
- At least twice ….not at the deadline, but early on.
- Continue to follow up to the end.
- No delegation is complete until the deadline is set.
(Dr. Agustin B. Vencer Jr., How to Manage Your Time)