How to be a Good Christian Leader
Christian leadership is a leadership that exemplifies Jesus Christ.
- Be a good role model of godliness and righteousness in your own life and encourage others to follow.
- A Christian leader is one who follows Christ and inspires others to follow Him as well.
- A Christian leader nourishes his flock.
- The Word of God is the only food that can produce healthy Christians.
- Feed and nourish the sheep with the Word of God.
- Comfort the sheep, Bind up their wounds and Apply the balm of compassion and love.
- Christians today, suffer many spiritual injuries. Christians need compassionate leaders who will help bear burdens.
- Christian leaders sympathize with circumstances and exhibit patience, encourage in the Word, and bring concerns before God.
- A Christian leader exhibits love by correcting or disciplining those under his care, even when it is an unpleasant experience.
- Correct and Discipline those in care when they go astray.
- A Christian leader should correct according to Biblical principles.
- A Correction or discipline is never a pleasant experience, but a Christian leader who fails in this area is not exhibiting love for those in his care.
- A Christian leader protects their people from false teachings of those who would lead them astray from the truth of the Scripture. Christ alone is the way of salvation.
- Predators are those who try to lure the sheep away with false doctrine, dismissing the Bible as quaint and old-fashioned, insufficient, unclear, or unknowable.
If the Lord of the universe would do that, no church leader has a right to think of himself as a bigwig.