How to Overcome Struggles

This morning, I was frustrated with someone who has been constantly coming up with different excuses. 

My frustration was out of the fact that I can see that the only thing standing between this person and the goal of this person to change is excuses. 

Rationalization is a process of not seeing reality, but of trying to make truth fit one’s feelings. 

How to Overcome Struggles

As I lift my emotions to God, He has shown me, that if I give in to how I feel and spoke as I felt fair for rudeness and disrespect, I am no different to this person and the excuses that this person has. 

God is truly faithful when He said that if we ask according to His will, He hears us. And that in whatever we ask we know that we have asked of Him. 

Being patient is definitely His will, so when I asked, I have received. God reminded me, that despite being hurt, true patience choose not to hold a grudge.  Patience allows hurt to melt away and continue to offer love and acceptance. Jesus told me to always forgive. True patience chooses not to allow another person’s actions to dictate my reactions and cause me to sin. 

Ephesians 4:26-27 tells me to not give the devil opportunity to win, knowing that the enemy would love me to throw my patience out.

Mercy is not giving others what they deserve. Hebrews 10:30 says that I am not responsible for paybacks. God tells me to choose to be merciful and kind.  1 Peter 3:8-9 tells me that true patience blesses others – even when they have said something rotten.  True patience means keep on keeping on even when there is pressure.
Trisha Sebastian | Discipleship Group
Discipleship Group and Accountability Partners
You see in life, we don’t have any valid excuses to fail. 


Not because my feelings are invalid, but because I have no  reason worthy enough for me to disobey my Creator.

When I come to think of it this way, It does not even matter if my feelings are valid. It does not even matter what the other person’s transgressions are towards me.
What matters for me is that I please my King, my Life, who only has the greatest plans for me. 

What matters is that we consecrate ourselves completely to the lover of our soul.

You’re blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight.

To have God’s blessing in  life, we need to learn how to be civil toward people. God wants us to do that.

Jesus commands us that In everything, we must do to others what we would have them do to us.

To be civil is to treat other people the way we like to be treated, even if we disagree with them — even if they’re wrong. Even if they’re fighting against us, we must treat them the way we would like to be treated. 

This prayer and Fasting Week, I pray that you would Enter the Throne of Grace boldly, knowing that whatever we ask according to His will, will be given. Taste and see that the Lord is Good!

Have a blessed Prayer and Fasting. How can I pray for you?