Discipline

Trisha Sebastian and Jerosa Lim in Fitness First
Jerosa Lim and Trisha Sebastian in Fitness First

Discipline is simply the difference of what you want now... and what you want the most...

For the longest time, i had been physically unhealthy. I had stopped being conscious of what i put in my mouth and i had stopped going to the gym to train and build muscles. until i get the shock of my life that I am already a whooping 130 lbs from my normal weight which is 112 lbs.

I have gained 18 unwanted pounds gradually, and i can blame no one for this but myself. as i look in the mirror i could no longer recognize myself... and i told myself, i wouldn't give in to self pity, because it gets me nowhere near my goal.

With man, this is impossible, but with God nothing is impossible. Matthew 19:26

I prayed to God to give me the desire and the motivation to keep fit for His glory.
My body is a gift from God and the best thing i could do is take care of it.

If people can’t see what God is doing,
    they stumble all over themselves;
But when they attend to what he reveals,
    they are most blessed.
Proverbs 29:18 The Message

A Man Without a Goal is like Ship without a Rudder. - Thomas Carlyle

If my goal is to be physically fit, then i should refrain from foods that are keeping me away from my desired goal.

"Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal." E. Joseph Cross-man

Yesterday, I enrolled myself in a gym, to strengthen and build muscles so that my body's metabolism will improve. 

I believe this is the same for our spiritual health, we have to be conscious of what we have as our spiritual goal, and want it so bad, that nothing would be able to keep us from keeping fit.

What is your spiritual goal?
What spiritual disciplines do you apply to reach this goals?

If you are having struggles with your spiritual disciplines, don't worry all athletes do... Be worried if you don't have struggles, it means your spiritual muscles are not being stretched. God will always equip you with what you will need. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Philippians 4:13

I pray that these words of Paul would inspire you:

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. And everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I buffet my body and make it my slave, lest possibly, after I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified.

Have a blessed week saint!
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment