How to be Content




How to be Content




I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13)

Are you happy or settling?


What do you think is the difference between a happy person and a settling person?


Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get - H Jackson Brown Jr


If you are not happy now, what makes you think that you would be happy after something?

Singles, if you are not happy now, what makes you think you would be happy if you would get married? :)

Are you content?

When we are content, we can say that We are a HUNDRED PERCENT willing to accept whatever God wants to throw our way - the good, the bad and the ugly.

Contentment is the joyful submission to God's will in your life.


But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.  (1 Timothy 6-9)


Contentment is not laziness nor complacency.


Where is the Balance between Contentment and Complacency?


For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.(1 Timothy 6:10)

This "love of money" Bible verse is the most misquoted verse in the Bible.

Money is not evil. Money is neutral. Money can be used to bless people.
Money is an instrument.
But don't allow money to master you, you must master money.
Money becomes evil when it comes to master you.


In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! (
Philippians 2:5-8)

Jesus wanted the cup of suffering taken away from Him (Matthew 26:39), but He went all the way to death to prove his TRUST to the Father's plans.


I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13)


To be content is Learned
Learn to be satisfied in God's classroom of life. 


Release what you want in life, and find gratification.

LET GO and Let God.



To have a full relationship with God, the key is: CONTENTMENT.

Paul found contentment in Christ, even when he was shipwrecked, beaten and jailed for the sake of Christ.




How to be Content

1. Release your will
2. Die to your desires
3. Live for Christ

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21


Let us always practice removing our focus on ourselves, that we may be able to see the blessings of God in our lives.


Mother, if I had a choice, I would still choose to remain blind ... for when I die; the first face I will ever see will be the face of my blessed Saviour. - Fanny Crosby