Pride

Pride 

  • Are your feelings hurt easily?
  • Are you annoyed when people disagree with you? 
  • Are you bothered when someone corrects your fault? 
  • Do you find acknowledging your fault difficult?
  • Do you think you are usually correct, and others are commonly wrong? 
  • Is it difficult for you to compromise with others?
  • Is it your style or no means?
  • Are you often stressed?
  • Do you find yourself to be criticizing than complimenting others?
  • Are you quick to judge another person based on first see? 
  • Are you usually more concerned with your wants than the needs of others with you? 
  • Do you hold bitterness and resentment against someone who did you wrong in the past or hurt you?
  • Do you look for praise for things that you do not have control like beauty, talents, or abilities? 
  • Do you feel violated or not valued when credit for something you have done is not given to you? 
  • Do you frequently contend or equate yourself with somebody? 
  • Do you always try to do better or own much more than someone else? 
  • Do you miss asking the aid of God in prayer and overlook the help of others in Christian accountability and community? 
  • Do you think that you have eliminated most sins in your life or have very little sin?

Humilimeter

Take your “humility count” based on the following personal evaluation.
What are you willing to surrender to God to let Him increase your humility?
Read Philippians 2:5-8.
  • I put others’ interests before my own.
  • I am generous with encouragement.
  • I readily forgive those who hurt me.
  • I quickly reconcile with those whom I have offended.
  • I appreciatively receive correction.
  • I am kind to people from all walks of life.
  • I readily admit it when I am wrong.
  • I don’t mind if people disagree with me.
  • I give thanks rather than complain.
  • I always give God the glory for my accomplishments.