Experiencing God

Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!
Philippians 4:5 MSG

Experiencing God

I choose to look to see what God says and how He works in the Bible, make my decisions and evaluate my experiences based on biblical principles.

The Bible is my guide for faith and practice.

My father in heaven is always at work around me. John 5:17

The right question is:
What is God's will?

I wait and see where God is working and join him.

Sometimes it is hard to understand the depth of commitment required to follow Jesus (John 6). It's not unusual that many people would be stagnant when faced with difficult choices.

Jesus also asked his closest friends if they will leave him too.

Peter made an extraordinary statement:

“Master, to whom would we go? You have the words of real life, eternal life. We’ve already committed ourselves, confident that you are the Holy One of God.”


  • Peter knows that Jesus is God incarnate.
  • He knows that leaving Jesus would mean living a life of lies and pretense.
  • He knows that there is no other option but to continue following Jesus.

Peter, like most of us may be unsettled or frightened by the words of Jesus, but he knows the truth.
He encountered it, and he chose to stay.

His choice proved difficult, but brought the ultimate rewards of abundant life on earth and eternal life with Jesus.

You might think that your life was a lot less complicated before you became a believer.

Believing in Jesus is challenging. It calls us to make hard choices and can cause relationship conflicts.

Following Jesus requires that we discipline our thoughts and our words.

We must struggle with our sin everyday.

This can be very difficult alone, but together we can encourage each other and assure one another that our God is faithful and true.

When we meet Jesus we're in the company of many others. Once we have met Jesus, we know for certain that there is no turning back.

Jesus wants us to choose him over every other enticing option because He loves us.

Jesus knows that everything else is just entertainment, not life to its fullest.

Following Jesus is not a ride at a carnival.
Ladies for God with Galatians Bible Study Class

This real life is with a real God who really loves us.

  • He pursues a continuing love relationship with me that is real and personal.
  • God invites me to become involved with Him in His work.
  • God speaks by the Holy Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the church to reveal Himself, His purposes and His ways.
  • God's invitation for me to work with Him always leads me to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action.
  • I must make major adjustment in my life to join God in what He is doing.
  • I come to know God by experience as I obey Him and He accomplishes His work through me.